Saginaw Bay Boat anglers were still taking a good number of yellow perch throughout the bay. Most were targeting six to 12 feet. Walleye anglers reported slow fishing.
Saginaw River Walleye anglers found some fish in the lower river.
Oscoda: Au Sable River Steelhead have been caught from the mouth up to Foote Dam.
Tawas Did not have much angler activity. A couple pier anglers have caught the occasional whitefish however it was still too warm and the fish will not come into the shallows to spawn.
Fishing Tip: Proper storage of fishing equipment
It’s getting to be that time of year where many anglers are preparing to store their fishing equipment. Here are a few tips to help you through this process:
- Take your reels apart to clean them and then grease and oil them.
- Check out the hooks on your lures and determine if they need replacement or sharpening.
- Remove the fly line from your reel. If you plan on reusing it then consider cleaning it with dish soap.
- Use rod sleeves to store your rods and so the parts don’t get mismatched.
- Store your rods vertically to avoid any bends.
- Keep your rods at room temperature.
- Check your waders for any leaks; pinhole-sized leaks can be found by putting a flashlight inside your waders in a dark room.